Scroll down for mini-challenges.
Goals: Read as many of these poetry titles as I can, maybe finish The Fiery Cross, read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone because I’m paying a $0.10 fine for keeping it today. Yeah, yeah.
Pages read: 320
Titles finished during Read-A-Thon: 1
The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon – on page 840 at start (140pgs–FINISHED)
Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling (180pgs)
7:00am – Getting started bright and early after a good night of sleep. This might be a Readathon first for me as far as the sleep goes. I’ve made some tea and I’m cozied up on my couch, reading a little of The Fiery Cross to start the day.
7:25 – Umm, too cold. Back under the covers, listening to The Fiery Cross.
10:20 – Dozed a bit here and there after breakfast and listening to more of The Fiery Cross. Think I’m going to get into Harry Potter or one of the poetry books to break things up a little.
4:00pm – Finished The Fiery Cross instead of moving on to something else. Glad to have that completed. I think I’ll check out some mini-challenges and then get back to another book.
6:00 – My brother was in town so I went to see him and his wife and kids for a bit and now I’m back home. Taking a break for a while because I feel like it 🙂
8:00 – Listening to Mindy Kaling’s Why Not Me? because why not?
12:00pm – Still reading because I went to bed at a decent hour last night. I’ve let this be a two day event in the past. I’ll update later with what I’ve accomplished. Almost done with Why Not Me?
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Norman, Oklahoma
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? It’s the Truffle Pig again. It has become my Readathon treat.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am a ghostwriter and I have written 18 novels.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? This is my 15th readathon and all I’m doing this time around is reading. Giving myself a chance to take a nap if I need it. Possibly meeting my brother for dinner? We’ll see about that. Just going to get up and do some things around the house to keep things fresh and not get bored. And I am committing to doing some yoga during the day.