AKA, the belated Sunday Morning Coffee: Okie Blogger Edition!
Because I can’t have real Gatorade (full of sugar), but Crystal Light has come up with a fine impersonation of the product. Check out any of their drink mixes or drinks sold in stores under the label “hydration.” Tasty stuff. And I’m going with a sports drink 1) because my low-carb way of eating is back in full swing (I was bad off and on throughout the holidays) and 2) it’s the national championship and come on, we need to be thinking football and something about sports drinks makes me think football. I really prefer blue Powerade though. Used to drink that stuff all the time in the dorms at OU. Corn syrup addiction.
Now, on to the good stuff! Like I told you last week, the time for the Okie Blog Awards is at hand. If you haven’t put in your nominations (ahem, like me…it takes a while!), well, you’re in luck because I am going to provide you with a good look at some of the top notch blogs that exist here where the wind comes sweeping down the plain (to witness this in action, I suggest driving north out of Duncan, up 81 into Chickasha and on north sometime in the month of March).
We need music for this. Okay…hmm, I’d put together a mix for this, but my list isn’t that long, so let me go find something for you…alright, here we go. Okie connections (see my about page) in an Office related fanvid.
And honorable mention, because someone needs to appreciate what this song was before it was defiled, and I don’t think it’s going to make the cut for the reception. Kevin does have veto power.
- First off, let me just say that I love Piper. She recently re-posted an entry from early last year and I think it is a great showcase of her writing.
- Shannon over at Rocks in My Dryer went to Africa last year. Those are some of the most heartbreaking, convicting blog posts I think you’ll find anywhere. I just adore her.
- Since I can’t really vote for Kick the Anthill (I write there on occasion) I am going to tell you that you need to. For the three other bloggers because they are all AMAZING (most overused word by today’s college students, ever. other than maybe “ever”). Nume recently discussed the “Palestinian ‘peace’ movement” and provided some video and links. This reaches Oklahoma, folks.
- Then there’s the Redneck Diva who is funny and isn’t ashamed to stuff a possum and use it in a Christmas display. You show me another Christmas lights display featuring roadkill. Second place? She’s a winner in my book.
- EatAroundOKC.com, written by…I have no idea, but I love their reviews of area restaurants. They gave me some much needed info recently on a place that Kevin and I have been meaning to try.
- Friar’s Fires. Like he says, from time to time, he has an opinion. And if it’s not downright hilarious, it’s entertaining at the very least. Highly recommended.
- I like Dustbury, don’t know much about him, but the little bird song on the page is sort of endearing.
- And why can’t there be a category simply called “Pretty” where we award Sam every year? Someone tell me why we can’t live in a world like that.
- Melessa and I see eye-to-eye on Twilight (in my criticism thus far) and that’s enough for me.