30th Anniversary Stairway to Heaven
Elmore City, OK
April 17, 2010
If you’re going to be in Oklahoma this weekend you’re still looking for something to do, the City of Elmore City has you covered all day long! Smack dab in between Oklahoma City and Dallas, just off of I-35 you can get a taste of small town flavor and take part in the festivities.
This Saturday, Elmore City is celebrating the 30th anniversary of the first prom held at Elmore City High School (now Elmore City – Pernell) back in 1980. You may know it as the historic prom that inspired the film Footloose.
Some highlights going on throughout the day:
- 10:00 a.m. — S. Main Street — 30th Anniversary Stairway to Heaven Event Kick Off
- 10:15-45 a.m. — Community Center — Dance Contests (Twist, Electric Slide)
- 11:00 a.m. — S. Main Street — Lawn Mower Races
- 11:30 a.m. — ECP Track Field — Lawn Mower Races
- 1:00 p.m. — Community Center — Oklahoma City International Folk Dancers
- 3:00 p.m. — Downtown Elmore City — 30th Anniversary Parade
- 4:30 p.m. — Community Center — ECP Alumni Meet & Greet
- 5:30 p.m. — Downtown Elmore City — Promenade
- 7:00 p.m. — S. Main Street — 30th Anniversary Street Dance
Hope to see you there! For more information, contact City Hall at (580) 788-2345
The City of Elmore City has no idea I’m doing this. I wasn’t asked. I’m just a little ol’ alumna that’s pretty stinking excited!