Forgive me. It’s another list. Work is busy. I’m thinking in short sentences.
- I captured this screen shot the other day. It’s approximately one day of visitors to my blog (not exactly, because the map will only hold a certain number and they were spread over onto a second map) and I thought it was interesting. Of course, most of my visitors come from the United States and that doesn’t surprise me. There are a few visits from other countries that I can pinpoint to friends living there, but most are total mysteries to me. And I rarely get a comment from someone outside the U.S. So if you are visiting today, leave a comment and tell me where you are from. I’d love to know! We’ll make it our own International Delurking Day.
- About to get serious here and somewhat ranty so please listen.
- For the love of…everything, please stop attributing the following quote to St. Augustine.
“Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being “in love” which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.”
It is not from Augustine. It is from Corelli’s Mandolin a novel by Louis de Bernières. The quote is attributed to Augustine on Goodreads as well and though I have tried to fix it by entering it as a new favorite quote under the author’s name, Goodreads so kindly changes it to Augustine of Hippo for me. Thank you, Goodreads, for nothing. Clearly none of the people who are listing this as a favorite quote by him know what they are doing, but you’d think a clue in the final sentence might make a person who knows anything about Augustine go “Hmm.”
- It’s things like this that make me hate the Internet. When we just had print media you didn’t have every Hanz and Franz in the world attributing quotes to the wrong people.
- About to start season 3 of Sons of Anarchy which is a show you should watch if you like Breaking Bad. I don’t know what the deal is with me and shows about shady people.
- All-day work “retreat” today. I would say that I will let you know how it goes, but I don’t write about work. So this dot on my list was pointless.
- Look for a giveaway in the coming days! You’ll especially be interested if you are a scrapbooker
- I’m looking for a good way to get my very shallow bathroom cabinet organized. Should probably call in the big guns (my Granny) because she was crazy organized before Real Simple made it cool.