Up early this Sunday morning, watching the Diamond Jubilee Pageant on BBC America (I should be the biggest fan of this channel, but you’ll find I’m not. I need to start writing letters.) and having a lie down on the couch. Didn’t get to sleep until long past my bedtime and then storms rolled through. Slept like a rock through those and woke to find my tomatoes unharmed. Hooray!
- If you don’t read any more of this post, please just watch the trailer for Les Miserables. This will have to be a girl date for Jennifer and myself. Too bad we have to wait until December. Look for a special Les Mis episode of Picture Shows & Petticoats!
I am so excited for this! Never been much of an Anne Hathaway fan (loved where I read that her shorn hair was an “Oscar-bait haircut”!), but her voice is very pretty and she adds emotion to it that you wouldn’t regularly hear from the stage. And seriously, “I Dreamed A Dream” is one of the best songs. Ever. It’s taken my entire life for me to really appreciate it (used to be more of an “On My Own” girl).
- I’M SERIOUS. STOP TEXTING AND FROLIC WITH ME BEFORE I STRANGLE YOU. – I love Animals Talking In All Caps. If you’ve never read it, please, go, now.
- xkcd: What constraints can do for a writer
- When You Swallow 35MM film, Beautiful Things Happen — I’m not a doctor, but I’m going to say this is probably not advisable. Seriously, think of everything your mom ever told you about what happens when you swallow a piece of gum. This has got to be worse. The photos are nifty though.
- Homemade Vicks Vapor Shower Disks — When I was suffering through a mild cold a few weeks ago I bookmarked this link. Haven’t had the chance to make it yet, but it sounds like a great idea.
- How to make Umbrian Chickpea Soup – from The New York Times
- I don’t know what kind of idea you may have formed in your head about me, but I am no fashionista. Putting together an outfit, layering, adding accessories, none of it has ever been my forte. I’m a jeans and t-shirt girl. Throw my scruffy squirrel Kitsons on my feet and I’m ready to go. So these 5 ways to wear a bold tee is the kind of thing I need. (You know I’m going with the “Easy Does It” outfit 90% of the time)
- Should I Make More Coffee? flow chart — Answer: yes
- Dandelion Fritters — Gonna have to make a trip out to the country to find some that I’m sure haven’t been defiled by neighborhood dogs and cats. These sound great! (h/t Misti at Oceanic Wilderness)
- Just watched these fellows sing during the pageant and I loved it. They’re the Fisherman’s Friends: