Finally made it through the last of my Tribute Blend. Someone please notify me immediately when it’s available again. This morning I’m having Caffè Verona with a little cream and a dash of cinnamon. It is delicious.
- Epiphanie Bags is doing their last discount of the year TODAY — 15% off with the code 30KTHANKYOU. You must order before NOON CST though. So get on it if you’re wanting one. I finally ordered one for myself the other day and I can’t wait for it to get here!I love it. It’s weird because when I was in high school I had this aversion to all things purple because it was our school color. Now it’s like I can’t get enough. Breaking Bad fans, doesn’t this scream MARIE?
- A Miracle Inside the Aurora Shooting: One Victim’s Story – My goodness, I don’t know how you can read this and not be moved.
- Nutella Croissants in 15 Minutes – Easier than pie and just as tasty. And I think we’ve already established how much I love pie.
- Ahh! Ellie Goulding’s new album comes out in 2 months. Here are a few snippets from it:
- Amy Turn Sharp’s poems are still making me smile. This one…I love. Read it.
- iPhone apps for writers — A pretty big list. Looking into some of the ones I don’t already have.
- “Just internet friends” — I love this illustration and I agree, because some of my best, deepest connections started right here.
- A friend shared this keynote address that Neil Gaiman gave at the 2012 commencement at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia. I think it’s some of the best advice I’ve ever heard.
- So You Think You Can Dance is taking a few weeks off for the Olympics (isn’t this season bizarre? I hope the ratings hold up) and I’m already in withdrawals. I thought I’d show you one of my favorite performances from the most recent episode. Oh my goodness. “An impossible love story.” This is breathtaking.
If you think about it this morning, please say a prayer for the people in Oklahoma who have been affected by the wildfires that have been ravaging the area. We need rain and we need it badly. Also, please remember all the firefighters and volunteers that are out fighting this. My dad is one of them and I know they appreciate all your prayers for their safety. Thank you.