It is with great sadness that I inform you — Mr. Coffee died this week. He’s not totally dead, but I’m thinking that leaking water out of a rusty hole on the bottom of the machine isn’t very safe, so we’re done. Maybe I’m ridiculous, but I take my coffee makers pretty seriously. (Craig Ferguson hasn’t worked properly in a long time. He still sits on the cabinet, but I haven’t attempted to make coffee with him in months.) Losing Mr. Coffee is a big deal for me. I received him as a gift from my aunt when I graduated from high school, toted him to the dorms with me, was cited by the University of Oklahoma Housing & Food Services for having a “hot plate” inside a dorm room, fought that, won, and now EVERYONE can have a coffee maker in their room. (Or was it the opposite and they specifically said no coffee makers? Heather, I need your help.) He’s been working hard for almost 10 years now and I’m going to miss him.
Don’t worry too much, I bought one of his offspring online.
So, it is tea for me until my new Mr. Coffee arrives. Double Bergamot Earl Grey from Stash Teas is my favorite when I’m looking for something with caffeine in the mornings.
- Tips On How You Can Read More Books In 2013 from Daily Cup of Grace
- Chris Brogan writes about creatives being a “needy bunch”
- Now that I’m a writer… — If you’re a writer (or if you spent much time at all taking classes in the English department of any university), have you found that writing makes you read differently? I sure have. Call me a book snob (I’ll wear that badge proudly), but it takes a serious way with words to impress me now.
- YOGAmazing – Yoga for the Face – This is more of a facial massage than anything, but it is such a great way to get the tension out of your face or help yourself relax. If I’m stressed out it tends to go to my face, so this has been helpful in times like that.
- I found the most fantastic blog the other day — Hunter Angler Gardener Cook. Spectacular, right? I thought this recipe for Crayfish Bisque sounded great (around here we call them “crawdads”). (Psst…Misti, there is an entire vegetarian section that looks scrumptious!)
- Why You Never Truly Leave High School — So, it’s a brain thing? Well, this explains a LOT.
- Enduring the Writer’s Worst Nightmare by Natasha Metzler