As my time with the Droid DNA comes to an end, I thought I’d go over some of my favorite features for you again.
- Sound — Seriously, both of the HTC phones I’ve been able to try out have been exceptional in this area. I love that I can walk around, cleaning my kitchen and still hear the music wherever I am.
- Call quality — No complaints here. I have had zero dropped calls, no “Are — st— –ere? — can’t —- -ou.”, and everyone is clear as a bell (see comments below on network). I know it doesn’t seem like much to ask in a phone these days, but I’ve been surprised at how much trouble I’ve had in this area in the past.
- Network — Hats off to Verizon. I still haven’t found a place that I routinely visit where I couldn’t make a call.
- Screen — Oh, is it ever beautiful. Widescreen, clear picture when I watch Netflix or YouTube, and the sensitivity is perfect*.
- Wireless hotspot — This has saved me numerous times and is really handy to have while traveling, especially in airports.
The time is drawing near for me to pick a new phone for my personal contract and I am seriously considering one of these. A year ago my knee jerk reaction would have been to grab the newest iPhone and go on with my Apple life. Now, I’m rethinking that and wouldn’t be surprised if I walk out with one of these HTC phones.
*That asterisk has to mean something, right? Well, I feel like I am obligated to share my one complaint with you. To be fair, it’s not about the phone. By itself, this product is a wonder that I would gladly purchase to use. However, the Otterbox Defender case that has been protecting my phone for the duration of this campaign is not my best friend. Yes, it has kept the phone safe, but it has severely limited my ability to use and enjoy the phone. The built in screen protector on the case does not fit flush against the phone screen and the sensitivity of the phone is basically ruined. There is a known issue with the protector causing problems in this way. The middle 50% of the screen has to be pressed to make the phone function at all. This was the biggest problem I had, and like I said, it really has nothing to do with the phone — it’s the case.