I’ve been back from the beach for a week now, which means I’m nearly fully recovered from vacation. Surely I can’t be the only person who requires vacation recovery time? I enter the land of the living this morning drinking my own coffee again, only about 3/4 caf because, well, I’m trying. And I’m on allergy medicine. Ever experienced allergy meds while highly caffeinated? Terrifying, I tell you.
Now, linky goodness for you all!
- “As a child, I was not unhappy, but I too felt isolated and different; I think lots of voracious readers do. And while I love escapist fantasies of being whisked away into an alternate universe, I’m so grateful to have learned from Anne the trick of using words to anchor myself to the land around me, to the everyday, and to other people.” — Ten Things I Learned From Loving “Anne of Green Gables” (h/t Misti)
- Mad Men Season 6: The Good, the Bad, the GIFs — Tonight is the season finale and I expect some sort of explosion. This is a nice recap of the season’s high points along with some memorable quotes and hilarious GIFs. My favorite quote this season comes from Betty – “She doesn’t know that loving you is the worst way to get to you.”
- Speaking of GIFs, I was pronouncing it correctly all along!
- Greatest Hits: 25 Songs about Oklahoma
- Have you met Quinoa, the “imaginary well-dressed toddler daughter“? No? Go look.
- How to Move Your Google Reader RSS Feed to Bloglovin’ — You’re going to want to do this soon. Bloglovin’ is my new reader of choice. Tried Feedly, but it just wasn’t doing it for me.
- Grilled Espresso Glazed Coconut Doughnuts with Mocha Coconut Ganache — I’m sorry, what was that? You want to marry me? Seriously, y’all.
- Putting this on my “to read” list right now. A.M. Homes is a favorite of mine. Her writing is superb and she goes really scary places with it. (No, seriously. You’ve been warned.) I’ll have to look into this book that earned her the 2013 Women’s Prize for Fiction.