It rained last night, there’s a nice mixture of sun and puffy clouds this morning, and we’re expecting more rain later. This is my favorite sort of day. Have I mentioned I’ve been drinking flavored coffee recently? Sometimes I get in a rut about my dark roasts and end up going back to the other end of the spectrum and by that I mean cheap, flavored, already ground when I buy it coffee. It’s how I act out. Right now I’m on “vanilla crème brûlée.” That flavor description is really debatable, but I’m going to finish the bag.
Little note before I start with the links. I finally finished signing up for Stitch Fix and my first fix should be here in about a week. I will probably try on the things that fit and post them here. I hope to find a few things to take with me on my trip. Crossing my fingers!
- Listen: “Duet” – Rachael Yamagata ft. Ray LaMontagne
- His Promise Would Not Be Denied – “During these messiest of moments, Tom and I might glance at each other with a weary look that means, ‘Do you love me?’ Neither of us ever has to answer. We have aged so much since those first whispered words of love that sometimes I forget any of it happened.”
- Readathon sign-ups are here! Go sign up and join me later this month for a day for reading.
- IT’S GAME OF THRONES DAY!
- One night, eight years ago, I heard Pat Conroy speak and it was one of the most beautiful evenings of my entire life. Then he hugged me and that was pretty sweet as well. This is what he thinks of George R. R. Martin’s epic series.
- Will William and Kate be in the US in early May? Only time will tell. I sorta doubt it since they’ll just be getting back from their tour.
- Blueberry Lemon Sour Cream Quick Bread from Baker Bettie- I can’t have this, but someone out there can, so I want you to make it and then tell me, in detail, just how wonderful it is.
- 8 Yoga Poses to Stimulate Metabolism from Gaiam Life
- Words on adventure from Victoria