Sunday morning jasmine tea 🙂
- First things first, I’m still in that writing competition. My piece this week is a little love story and I would appreciate your vote.
- The latest episode of Strangers: Love, Good and Bad — It’s really good. I’ve never had feelings about a foghorn.
- Marisa watched The Slap and so did I.
- Jolene has kindly agreed to join me on a book research trip to Minneapolis in April and I’m having fun figuring out places where we can have brunch. Because there’s a brunch scene in my book and I like details. And brunch.
- Stracotto (pot roast) with porcini mushrooms — I made this and it’s delicious.
- “what’s exhausting is walking around with it
the tiny slip of a thought
something that could be true
but you just can’t bet on it” – from Amy Turn Sharp’s This one is for you
- My main character’s best friend enjoys One Direction and I have to research that, too. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
- Instead of sobbing, you write sentences.
- “I walk. I can always see him. His size does not change as I move forward: he is five feet nine and a half, exactly right. I can still feel the feel of my hand in his hand as I walk.” – from Lottery Tickets by Elizabeth Alexander