If you’re around during Hour 18, check out my mini-challenge!
Scroll down for mini-challenges!
Goals: Finish TEN titles and read 600 pages. I looked at my stack and I think 9 is a very doable number based on the books I plan to read, so 10 would be a nice challenge.
Pages read: 768
Titles finished during Read-A-Thon: 8
Walking Dead Volume #23 (FINISHED – 136pgs)
Averno by Louise Glück (FINISHED – 71pgs)
Walking Dead Volume #24 (FINISHED – 136pgs)
Alex + Ada (FINISHED – 128pgs)
Ekaterinoslav by Jane Yolen (FINISHED – 53pgs)
Everything We Miss by Luke Pearson (FINISHED – 38pgs)
Wait by C.K. Williams (FINISHED – 125pgs)
Break the Glass by Jean Valentine (FINISHED – 81pgs)
New and Selected Poems Volume 2 by Mary Oliver (25/175pgs)
6:33am – Like a kid on Christmas morning, I have been awake for 2 hours, trying to catch a few extra minutes of sleep before starting. Sleep wouldn’t return and I finally gave up. Made some lemon ginger tea and going to start the day with a few poems.
6:52 – Well, THAT’S one brand of lemon ginger tea I’ll never buy again. Licorice root, thou art mine enemy.
11:28 – Had breakfast and read some poems. Wasn’t feeling too great so the dog and I snuggled up for a little nap. That should help me get through the afternoon.
1:02pm – Finished my second title and a cup of peppermint tea. Did a little cheering and now I’m going to start the second Walking Dead title in my stack.
2:08 – Finished Vol. 24 of The Walking Dead and I’m glad that’s all I have of that series in my stack today. Probably the biggest gut punch since the 100th issue. Need lighter fare. Hope Alex + Ada helps.
3:39 – Took a break to catch up on a few chores. Alex + Ada was great. I have to get the other volumes from the library.
6:45 – Read two more books and started another then a late afternoon slump hit me and I took a tiny cat nap. Woke up and had dinner (sushi, yum) and now I am back at it.
8:03 – Finished another collection of poems that were fine, just not for me. By the end I was really tired of reading it, but the dark chocolate truffles helped power me through.
9:10 – Put the final touches on my mini-challenge that is coming up in a few hours. Also decided to stop tracking time.
10:04 – Been catching up on cheerleading duties, hydrating, and sort of planning the hours to come. I’d like to read 3 more books and I think it’s doable.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Norman, Oklahoma
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Alex + Ada
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Dark chocolate truffles!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m going to be running a bookshop in Scotland for a week next spring 🙂
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I believe this is my 13th Readathon. I planned pretty well for this one and I am looking forward to reading more books than I ever have during a Readathon.
1. What are you reading right now? Wait, a collection of poems by C.K. Williams
2. How many books have you read so far? 6
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I want to meet my goal and then spend the rest of the time leisurely making my way through Drums of Autumn.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Didn’t feel great this morning, but that has passed. Didn’t get off to a great start because of that though. But I’m good and rested and should be okay for the rest of the time.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Nothing comes to mind.