- Yummy looking Strawberry Lime Granita over at Live Faithfully. Sounds easy, too!
- Bacon Fat Mayonnaise — I can think of at least one person I know who might attempt this. I hope she does, then I hope she blogs about it. *cough*Leanna*cough*
- Betting Bad — Breaking Bad fans, you’ll want to check this out. Place your bets on things you think will happen this season and see how many points you can earn. This would be fun to play amongst a group of people who watch the show together.
- Guacamole Portabello Mushroom — Had this for lunch yesterday. Delicious.
- Anthony Bourdain’s Favorite Books — I love stumbling across lists like these. You can get a lot of insight into a person when you find out what they like to read.
- 9 Most Common Regrets of the Living and Dying — and What to Do About Them
- Growing up in Tornado Alley — An article by author Rilla Askew, one of my dearest and most favorite writing instructors from college.
- The Loneliest Creature On Earth — A story about a whale.
- I don’t need any convincing, but for those who may be on the fence — 9 Non-Literary Reasons to Love Ernest Hemingway
Yesterday I was at a crazy long concert for tornado relief and it was AWESOME. More on that tomorrow. Now it’s cinnamon coffee with Cinnabon creamer and we’re off!
- Cormac McCarthy wrote his first original screenplay and you can catch the film later this year. Since I’ll probably be naming my first born child after this man, you can definitely count me in. (h/t Bookriot)
- Top Travel Memoirs for Foodies — I love to read about food. I think it helps me with my writing. Seriously, there are few things better than reading a description so delicious you can taste it. Well, other than actually eating the food. Going to try to find a couple of these at the library.
- The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall celebrate the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who
- Ever wondered which Shakespearean bad boy is perfect for you? Here you go.
- The Vegetable Garden’s Second Season: Planning and Planting for Fall — I’m reading up on this as my squash plants are slowly falling at the hands of the squash vine borer. Soon about half the space of my garden will be available again and I need to think about what I might be able to put in for a fall harvest.
- “‘Not all who wander are lost,’ Tolkien said, but all who wander certainly are more in danger of being lost then those who sit, comfortable, not moving.
And, I believe, more at risk of being truly found.
Truth is that I need to coffee more on Monday than Sunday, anyway. This weekend (ever since I bought that box of candy canes) I’ve been enjoying peppermint mochas. Mmm.
- Mountain Rose Herbs lists “50 Ways You Can Spice Up Your Life” – some great tips here on herbal baths, remedies, tea, etc.
- They also have a number of recipes for relaxing winter baths. I must try these.
- Christopher Walken covers Lady GaGa – Oh, the hilarity.
- This is an instance where a Google ad really worked. All I’m going to say is BACONNAISE.
Short week at work, but likely a busy one with all we have going on. Best thing? The week ends with my birthday.