Finally cracked open that can of Kicking Horse. Deeeelicious.
- Speaking of coffee, I have coaxed my mom into doing the Caffeine Crawl with me in a couple of months. If you’re a local (there are also crawls in San Diego and Houston) and you love coffee, you might want to look into it.
- Picture Shows & Petticoats (that little show I do with my friend, Jennifer) now has a new hub. You can find all of our new episodes there and I am slowly adding the older ones.
- How And Why To Keep A Commonplace Book
- “The publishing industry stopped having new ideas out of respect for the untimely death of Ernest Hemingway in 1961, and has been doing everything the same way ever since.” — Hell is my own book tour, funny little article about a book tour.
- Elena Shumilova photographs her children on the farm — Everyone under the sun (and by that I mean a handful of friends on Facebook) kept telling me I had to look at this. I saved it until this morning to enjoy with my coffee.
- A Winter’s Respite Read-a-thon — If you’re looking for a week long, go-at-your-own-pace readathon, this sounds like a good one. I’ve heard people mention it before, but this will be my first year participating.
- A good post recommending Outlander and Dragonfly in Amber (I am 13% through the second, so no spoilers!), with a spoiler warning about halfway through the post. You can skip the spoilery parts if you ever intend to read the books, or just don’t worry about at all if you think you never will. The thing is DIANA GABALDON COMMENTED ON HER BLOG A FEW DAYS AGO. I am so excited that she is so excited for the miniseries!
- A different take on “I’m not enough” — from your courageous life
- Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks singing together…it’s one of my favorite things and it’s hard to find many videos online because Garth’s record company has them taken down so quickly. For the love of Pete, Garth, people just like you. Anyway, here’s this song from his Vegas concert a few months back. I saved it and that means I intended to share it, not sure if I ever got around to it.