I’m waking up early again, thanks to my new schedule (more on that tomorrow) and thanks to that, sleeping in on the weekends looks more like 7am than 10am these days. Let’s face it, I could never sleep very late. So here I am, coffee in hand — Sprouts Mexican dark roast, listening to a romance novel (When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James), putting together a list. It’s been a little while so I’ve got a few things I think you’ll enjoy.
- Library Extension — I have probably mentioned this before but there’s no harm in repeating myself. If you use Chrome and are a reader this extension is a MUST HAVE. When you are on Amazon or Goodreads (and maybe other places?) the extension inserts a box that tells you if your local library has copies of the book you are viewing and you can check it out from there. It’s amazing and it’ll probably save you a little money. Get it.
- Women-owned businesses of OKC
- Multilevel-marketing companies like LuLaRoe are forcing people into debt and psychological crisis — This breaks my heart. Do not do it. Get out. And stop buying from them because you are enabling them to continue operating.
- Starving as a Young Novelist: “I call people, but I don’t want to ask for help. I want them to think of it as a humorous anecdote but not that it’s real, that my life is that difficult. After all, certain friends who are not involved in publishing think I am rich and famous. Why burst that bubble?”
- Josh Gondelman about how he knew his girlfriend was the person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. (6min audio and it’s hilarious)
- How to Start a Big Writing Project — Marisa is right. If you’ve got time for tongue kissing, you’ve got time to write. I think that was one of the classes we were in together.
- Björk’s most Björk-like quotes
- My pal Leesa has a book coming out next year! You can order it here.