A lot of Oklahoma is snowed in this morning, including myself, but I’ve got good coffee, a biscuit, and a lot of good reading for you!
- One more day to vote in the writing competition and I could really use your support! Here’s my story and here’s the poll (I’m watching_ships). I’ll share more about writing my story tomorrow. There are just 7 people remaining in this thing and we are almost to the end.
- How to grow a forest really, really fast — This is fascinating.
- Assessing the health of independent bookshops (NY Times)
- The “close imagining” of fiction — “A really good idea might come to you at night and seem really wrong in the morning. So you’re always testing things.”
- A World Beyond Alice — European children’s books
- In case you’re itching to get out and start working (like me, once all this snow melts) here are some things you can do in the garden in March.
- News9 had an ice desk this weekend.
— Bobbie Miller (@bobbiemiller) February 27, 2015
- If you’re looking to submit soon, Entropy has a great list of places accepting submissions now.
- Kim shares good words on life. I know she probably wouldn’t want me to do this, but I’m going to anyway. At the end of last year she and her husband lost their home and possessions in a fire. Her daughters has set up a fund where you can donate to help get them back on their feet. She is a precious person and I know a donation would be greatly appreciated.
- Marisa makes an appeal to incarcerated individuals.
- 100 rejections in 10 months is Jennifer’s goal. I could handle a few of those myself.
- Misti shares beautiful signs that spring is coming and I really, really want to believe her.